WarBlogle.com Poll (after Week 10)
Let us take a break from Cam-gate and talk about the one thing that the current situation does not focus on: football. Obviously, there are some changes to the Top 5 with the Alabama loss. After that, your guess is as good as mine.
1. Auburn (1) – Everything I said last week, regarding strength of schedule, etc, still pertains to this week. No team has done more than Auburn. That is why the are my #1.
2. Oregon (2) – Oregon scored 50+ against another team with a losing record. Surprise, surprise. They’re good, but almost in the same way that Boise State is considered good.
3. TCU (3) – Yeah, the Frogs beat the Utes very badly, but does that mean they are very good, or that the Utes were just that bad? I’ll go with the latter considering their previous near-losses to Air Force and Pitt. Beating anybody 47-7 at their place is impressive, but again, one big win doesn’t trump what others have done.
4. Boise State (4) – Boise? Boise? Where are you? Oh, down there…
5. LSU (9) – Crazy Les is hiding in the bushes, waiting to pounce.
6. Stanford (10) – Stanford coach, Jim Harbaugh, said this week that they are the best one-loss team in the nation. Best one loss team and giver up of 52 points usually don’t go together.
7. Wisconsin(8) – The Badgers are one of two teams that has beaten two top-15 teams (the other is obviously Auburn). They could probably be a little higher, and probably will be by the end of the season.
8. Nebraska (6) – Double OT against Iowa State will get you dropped a minimum of two spots every time.
9. Ohio State(11) – I know I said to not expect to get into the top 10, but two teams ahead of the you lost. I guess it’s just addition by subtraction, or something.
10. Alabama (5) – The Tide just seemed very uninspired against LSU didn’t they? It might have had something to do with the fact that looked across the field and saw a guy eating grass. You can’t expect to win when you see something like that.
11. Oklahoma State (–) – A 10-point loss to a top 10 team doesn’t look so bad, especially when you’re 8-1.
12. Arkansas (–) – The Razorbacks two losses are to the #1 and #5 teams in this poll, and they looked pretty good against the Gamecocks. I’d be scared to play them right now.