Interesting Tidbits after Clemson
I don’t know about you, but my head still hurts.
- We’ll start of with this week’s national rankings. The coaches liked Auburn’s win over Clemson enough to jump them up one spot to #14, but the AP thought the Tigers looked one spot worse.
- CFN dropped the Tigers a spot as well, putting them right behind Michigan, who struggled mightily with UMass. Apparently football games are only two quarters long to them, too.
- ESPN’s Power Rankings moved the Tigers up two spots, though.
- Chris Low also moved the Tigers up in his SEC Power Rankings and gave Darvin Adams a helmet sticker.
- CFN apparently liked last weekend’s match-up so much that they pick the Tigers to play the Tigers again in the Chik-fil-A Bowl. That would potentially make four meetings between the Tigers from 2010-2012, now that we’re doing this whole thing one more time to start the 2012 season.
- ESPN likes the Tigers and the Longhorns in the Cotton Bowl. Why exactly are we talking about this now?
- Andy Bitter takes a closer look at the Tiger tussle.
- Auburn’s A.J. Green is out for the season after suffering an ankle injury this weekend.
- SI.com’s Stewart Mandel talks about the physical battle between the Tigers.
- Musburger and Herbstreit talk about the physical play as well, in this Gameday Final video.
- Here are ESPN’s highlights from the Auburn-Clemson war. I think I’ve called this game everything it can be called by now.
- Auburn has won in about every way possible: strong offense, strong defense, and a comeback, says Barrett Sallee.
- It was thought that the defense would be the weak link for Auburn this season, but now that Josh Bynes has received Auburn’s second straight SEC Defensive Player of the Year honor, most are starting to change their opinion.
- Have you read this week’s Dye Log? What’s with the questionable column names for some of our Auburn personalities? Dye Log…Rod Report…they just sound…weird.
- If you missed the feature on Cam during ESPN’s Gameday, here it is.
- Speaking of Gameday, go vote on your favorite sign from last weekend.
- Chizik wants more balance on offense. Raise your hand if you do too.
- Lastly, Auburn basketball finally has a full schedule for next year.