Interesting Tidbits on Mississippi State Gameday
What was I thinking? There’s no way I could get by without two tidbit posts for this game, especially with Mississippi State playing for a spot in the National Championship Game and all. Apparently, I posted yesterday’s smorgasbord of bits way before all the bloggers and TV personalities had a chance to recover from the Boise State-Virginia Tech game and make their predictions for tonight’s match-up. There’s a lot to go through, but start slow and you’ll do just fine.
- Let’s start with the previews of tonight’s game: ESPN, Andy Bitter, Chris Low, AuburnTigers.com, Team Speed Kills, Press-Register.
- Now here are tons of predictions, most of which you’ll probably hate: Bruce Feldman, CollegeFootballNews.com, Chris Low, Pat Dye, Doug Segrest, CFN SEC Bloggers, Charles Hollis.
- A few of those same SEC Bloggers from above take a final look at last week, rank the SEC, and tell us which games to DVR this week.
- Who has the edge tonight?
- If for some reason, you either can’t watch or listen to the game, or maybe you can but you like holding a laptop while doing so, Charles Goldberg will be blogging during the game.
- Auburn has a pretty impressive, but negative defensive streak going on. Let’s end it tonight boys.
- Almost every site as an iPhone app, and now so does AU Athletics. It’ll cost you $2.99 though.
- There’s one guy in Starkville that is glad Cam Newton chose Auburn, and his name is Tyler Russell.
- Auburn has been selected as one of the top 12 places to tailgate.
- The cowbells have even made a feature story on SI.com. This has got to stop. Don’t worry. They will.
- However, it doesn’t look like the cowbells have worked in the past, so why do we care now?
- Closing out the football ‘bits, my latest al.com Blogger Roundtable entry has been posted. Feel free to ignore the complete and utter statistical snafu at the beginning. The commenters surely did not.
- And in news that you really care about right now, Auburn Baseball coach, John Pawlowski, received a contract extension. Who’s the last guy who got one of those?