Interesting Tidbits After Arkansas State
Some quick ‘bits to wrap up the Arkansas State game. On to Mississippi State from here on out. Enjoy!
- If you missed Saturday’s game with the Red Wolves, here’s a pretty good photo gallery.
- Zac Etheridge had a pretty strong game, and definitely wasn’t scared to lay a hit. He says he was just blessed to be out there. Yes indeed.
- Pat Dye gives his thoughts on the past weekend’s games. He says it’s too early to tell what this season holds for most SEC teams.
- Mario Fannin was listed as the starter, but he had three carries. I say let him catch passes out of the backfield, he does just fine at that.
- Cam Newton was named the SEC offensive player of the week, the first Auburn quarterback to earn the honor since Jason Campbell in 2004. In other news, Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy was a great game manager against San Jose State.
- Newton also gets mentioned in the Who’s Hot section of CollegeFootballNews.com.
- Chris Low, as expected, says the Auburn defense wasn’t so hot. At least we don’t have freezer burn like Ole Miss.
- Andrew Gribble gives us the highlights from Chizik’s weekly press conference from today. Newton spoke some words as well.
- Mississippi State fans care way too much about their cowbells.