Interesting Tidbits before Georgia (Friday Edition)
Lots of different stuff in the ‘bits today. Have fun, and make sure you read the last one.
- In the biggest news of the day that won’t matter until next year, 4-star WR Trovon Reed has verbally committed to the Tigers (Goldberg). Reed is the #1 player from the state of Louisiana, which means Auburn now has the #1 players from the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- Auburn is currently ranked 19th in these recruiting rankings, but after the addition of Reed this will definitely change. There are also predictions from every Scout/SEC site in that link.
- This guy thinks it’s a huge pick up.
- Chris Low picks the games this week, and it’s no surprise that he’s picking the ‘Dawgs.
- He also thinks Gene Chizik should be up for coach of the year.
- CollegeFootballNews.com thinks differently about the Oldest Rivalry in the South.
- We all know that the road team usually, at least recently, does pretty well in this series.
- Here’s the Press-Register‘s attempt at matching up the Tigers and Bulldogs.
- And here’s the handy Fact Sheet for the game from al.com.
- Ben Tate is a semi-finalist for the Doak Walker Award that goes to the nation’s best running back.
- Eric Smith has been very valuable to the team this year. He’s always making a special teams tackle, and it seems like he is always open for the underneath routes. Maybe it’s because he knows how to beat a defense.
- Nick Saban doesn’t wipe well. Maybe he should worry about dominating that opponent.
- Auburn has a basketball game tonight against a pretty good Niagara team. If you aren’t in Athens you should be there because for the first time in years depth is not an issue.
- I don’t even know this guy and he said all this nice stuff about the ‘Blogle.
- Finally, I made a pretty cool breakthrough in terms of geekdom last night. I can now stream live video from my phone to my Ustream channel, which means I can embed the Ustream player inside Warblogle.com, which means I can show you live stuff from Athens, or wherever, right on the site. Follow me on Twitter to get an update for when I’m broadcasting, but I’m definitely going to be showing Tiger Walk so be looking around 3:30-4 CST tomorrow. If you don’t have Twitter then just check WarBlogle.com throughout the day. I’ll at least record the video and you can watch it whenever you want if you miss the live version. Sorry, I’m very excited about this. Aren’t you?