Talking With A Tiger: Tyrik Rollison
Tyrik Rollison, #17, was nice enough to answer few questions for this week’s interview. Rollison is a quarterback from Sulphur Springs, TX, and is currently being red-shirted for the 2009 season. He had many accolades coming out of high school as a dual-threat quarterback. In this WarBlogle.com Exclusive Player Interview, Tyrik lets us know about his work ethic, who his favorite coach is, and what he thinks about Auburn girls.
1. Being new to the team, most Auburn fans just know you as a highly-rated recruit. What are some things that Auburn fans should know about you, where you come from, etc.?
I think all Auburn fans should know that I play and practice the same. I give it my all each and everyday I’m on the field. Whether I get my opportunity now or later, I’ll make sure and take advantage of it. As for where I’m from and stuff like that they can just look that up in my bio.
2. What has been the most surprising thing about Coach Chizik and his staff?
How committed they are. They definitely hold all us players accountable and put us in the right situation to win. Coach Chiz is a hard-nosed guy who demands a lot and we wouldn’t expect anything less.
3. Who is your favorite coach and why?
Probably Coach Malzahn because he gets after me and makes sure I’m learning each and every day. He jokes with us too but he is straight business when it comes to fundamentals.
4. Some fans have already labeled you “the future” of Auburn football. How do you handle pressure like that or do you see it as pressure at all?
I understand fans may react that way due to all the hype, but I just have to do me and not worry about the outside stuff. I put the pressure on myself to go out there and perform.
5. What part of your game do you think is your best and what do you think you need to work on the most?
I need to work on reading the coverages. This is college now and defenses are using more looks to disguise their assignments. I just need to study more film and recognize that type of stuff on the field. I think the best part of my game is my elusiveness. I can extend plays and make things happen.
6. What is your favorite thing about Auburn?
I like the campus a lot and the atmosphere on game days. No one does it like us, for sure.
7. What are your normal pregame activities/rituals?
I usually listen to some music and get hyped. Nothing special.
8. Which player did you look up to and why?
I look up to Donovan McNabb a lot because of how consistent he is and how well he performs each and every year. He is one of the best in the league by far.
9. Which pro player do you think you could be compared to?
I’m not too concerned with that right now. I’ll let the fans make their own comparisons when I get out there on Saturdays.
10. What are you listening to right now?
Q Da Kid – On A Mission
11. Auburn girls are hot aren’t they?
Haha it all depends. Nah they be lookin’ good.