What I saw and what I want to see.

by on in

Hey fellow Weagles out there, I would like to sit here and talk to all of you guys about what I saw while I was at the Auburn game and what I would like to see this weekend as we travel to Clemson. First off I would like to state that I am a full believer in the biggest improvements in a team come between week 1 and week 2.

Let us get to talking about what all the fuss is about, the offense. Look guys and gals, from what I saw it was vanilla like blue bell ice cream. I am pretty sure that I can count the different plays they ran on one or two hands. It was like 5 or 6, with variations of them. That is was I expected, a vanilla offense that was being run by a QB who was a little rusty and an offensive line that looked to not be gelling yet. I believe and expect them to look like a completely different team against Clemson with a more open playbook and a team hitting a rhythm with Pettway and Davis back.

The defense looked absolutely phenomenal, our front seven is the best and deepest I have seen in a very long time. Give credit where it is due to Tre Williams leading them to a perfect defensive performance. I do not believe I can give a fair assessment to the secondary because Georiga Southern did not throw the ball hardly. All I will say about them is that they were aggressive and tackling looked great. I expect them to do fine against Clemson but it will be a test.

Finally, my assessment of the Clemson game. I believe the Clemson game will be a battle of defensive lines and both teams will struggle at times. I am predicting to Auburn to find its groove behind Pettway and Stidham to a 21-13 win over Clemson.