War Damn Lock of the Week – Tulane

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ChucknSports ChucknSports 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
    ChucknSports
    ChucknSports

The Tulane Green Wave opened as a 21.5-point dog to the 10th ranked Auburn Tigers. Yes, you read that correctly. I about fell out of my chair when I read it initially. What’s even more crazy, the line has moved ALL the way to +17 now. Seriously. Baffling doesn’t begin to describe it.

There are two scenarios here, and Vegas is banking on the first. Let’s briefly take a look:

Scenario 1: Auburn is coming off an extremely emotional win (in which they didn’t look worthy of their now top ten ranking) and they are due for a letdown. This is a perfect trap game as they are looking ahead in the schedule and still have too much to work on to beat Tulane by 17 or more.

Scenario 2: Auburn, and freshman QB Bo Nix, were thrown into the fire against a very talented and veteran Oregon Ducks team in front of the entire nation Week 1. (Meanwhile all other top teams played scrubs). Auburn got hit square in the jaw, and they responded exactly like you’d want them to. They fought until the very end and found a way to pull out a HUGE win. They showed improvement the entire game, and they are hungry to get after the remaining schedule. Next up, Green Wave.

Which do you believe? I can tell you that many have bought into scenario one as plenty of bets and money are coming in on Tulane. I’m here to tell you that is misinformed. Auburn plays the mighty Kent State next week. Are we seriously assuming they are overlooking this game? Let me set the scene for you. Tulane will come into Jordan-Hare Stadium and be in awe (especially considering the mighty white out). They will be focused on things that don’t matter. Meanwhile, the Auburn faithful will be out in full force. Auburn is honoring the lives of Rod and Paula Bramblett who were tragically taken from us in a May 2019 car accident. The tribute will be moving, and the team is playing in their honor. What does that mean? You can bet the Tigers will be firing on all cylinders.

Last week:
    • AU defeats Oregon in Dallas 27-21
    • Tulane defeats FIU 42-14

Final thoughts: The talent gap between these two teams is just too wide for it to be close. This game will be defined in the trenches, and it won’t be pretty for Tulane. Marlon Davidson, Derrick Brown, Nick Coe and company are ready to wreak havoc on an under matched offensive line. In order to cover, Auburn will have to be getting second string players some experience while Tulane sneaks out a back-door cover. That being said, the picks are as follows:

Lock of the week: Auburn Tigers -10 1st half
    *Also taking Tigers -17 full game

WDE

-ChucknSports

@ChucknSports

You must to reply to this topic.

Login

Register | Lost your password?