War Damn Lock of the Week (St. Peter’s at Auburn)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ChucknSports ChucknSports 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
    ChucknSports
    ChucknSports

An ostentation of Peacocks will be on the Plains this evening, as the 1-4 Saint Peter’s Peacocks face the 5-1 Auburn Tigers at 7:00PM CT at Auburn Arena. The 8th ranked Tigers are currently a 26.5-point home favorite (current total is 142.5) as they look to build upon a strong opening to their season, including a successful trip to the Maui Invitational. Auburn went 2-1 in Hawaii with wins over Xavier and Arizona. Did I mention that Duke only beat Auburn by 6? Let’s just say the Peacocks won’t be taking flight tonight.

All the data points to a potential blowout. The Peacocks are an abysmal 1-4 ATS this season with 70.8/79.0 PF/PA. The Tigers are 4-0-1 ATS this season with 87.5/65 PF/PA. Considering the talent differential of the schedule’s driving those numbers, it’s about to get ugly. Saint Peter’s lone victory came over the ELITE Lafayette Leopards while Auburn has strong wins over Washington, Xavier, and Arizona.

Auburn has had a week of rest since Maui, and Saint Peter’s is closing out a four-game road stretch coming off a recent loss to North Texas this past Saturday. The Mean Green beat them 75-66.

Do I think the Peacocks can back door cover this thing? No, no I don’t. Auburn Arena is going to be rocking. The Auburn faithful are ready to get out after being cooped up for the long Thanksgiving weekend, especially since the Iron Bowl was away this year. Unlike the cold start against Duke, the Tigers will come out on fire from downtown, and this thing will get out of hand early. Give me the Tigers -26.5 and over 142.5. I also like a 5 PT teaser on both of those if those numbers aren’t up to snuff for you. Lock it in. Tigers win BIG.

-ChucknSports

@ChucknSports

You must to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

Login

Register | Lost your password?