The First Look – UL-Monroe

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by AuburnEinstein AuburnEinstein 4 weeks ago.

• Author

After the beatdown on the Plains, the next Auburn football game can’t come soon enough. Thankfully, the next opponent is UL-Monroe. I don’t mean to minimize them as an opponent, but it’s nice to have a breather and not have to think all week about how the game will be. We pretty much know how it will be. At least, we know how it should be. Auburn should dominate. Again, UL-Monroe is no stranger to playing Auburn (7 matchups since 2000) or to playing at SEC Stadiums. UL-Monroe once went to Little Rock and beat the 8th ranked Razorbacks in 2012. Also, they’re responsible for this:

That’s a 20-minute video of one of the greatest things to happen in Tuscaloosa.

OFFENSE:
    ULM can throw the ball. They rank 27th in passing offense with 280.2 YPG through the air. Look for Auburn’s defense to create pressure and force them to run the ball. This offense averages 6.67 yards per play (15th in the nation) and 37 points per game (19th in the nation). Simply put, this team has been able to score points against the teams on their schedule. However, the teams on their schedule haven’t had Jeff Holland.

DEFENSE:
    As good as ULM has been on offense, they are equally bad on defense. This defense is giving up 6.91 yards per play (128th in the nation) and 37.9 points per game (120th in the nation). Give me Auburn’s offense all day in this game.

Seriously, Auburn had 3 linemen in the PFF SEC Team of the Week. Auburn’s line is getting after it. Week 2 at Clemson is so far away in their minds. Auburn’s line will protect, Stidham will light it up. KJ, I’m sure, will get his touches and get his yards.

@AuburnEinstein’s PREDICTION
    ULM’s offense MAY keep it close for the first quarter and a half, but I will be surprised if they make Auburn punt more than once. Auburn may shoot themselves on the foot in a couple of series, but the defense will bail the offense out like the have all season. Seriously, find me something more consistent that Auburn’s defense. You can’t. Auburn wins this 52-13

@AuburnEinstein

You must to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

Login

Register | Lost your password?