Defensive impressions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by JR Marcus JR Marcus 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    wluker17
    wluker17
    Participant

Who on the defense has impressed you the most so far? Right now I have to go with the somewhat obvious, Therezie. We’ve all heard for a while how athletic he is but we haven’t had the opportunity to see it until this year. He has made plays all over the field the first couple games. I’m really looking forward to having Therezie on the same field as a healthy Justin Garrett. Those two guys should be able to wreak some major havoc.

Barn so hard

jshaunAU2006

I was impressed with Adams in the WSU game. I look for great things from him this season & the rest of his career. To think he was playing High School football this time last year, he is very impressive.

aujewel
    Participant

Hope Garrett is able to go against Miss St. May need to hold Ford out longer as LSU lurks around the corner.

I love the fact our corners are actually looking around for the ball instead of just waiting for the receivers to get big. Also impressed with how the D is actually swarming to the ball.

wluker17
    wluker17
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>AubieWannabe13 wrote:</div>I love the fact our corners are actually looking around for the ball instead of just waiting for the receivers to get big. Also impressed with how the D is actually swarming to the ball.

It is really good to see this again. Getting back towards proper AU defense.

Barn so hard

JR Marcus
    JR Marcus

I’m more impressed with Coach Garner and Johnson…the way they have coached these guys up…especially Garner who has got that D-line humming…he’s been able to keep fresh bodies on the line and it seems like every guy that steps in is able to make plays

jheathj
    jheathj

Schematically, I think our defense is very sound. No, were not making all the plays and we still have some alignment issues but all in all we are very sound on defense. The defensive staff has done an excellent job coaching the guys up (which is a new concept from the last few years). As far as individual performers, M. Adams has looked very good for a young fella and Therezie has also been very impressive in the run and passing games. newcomer Ben Bradley has also been good up front, but we have to get more production from our front four as we enter SEC play.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by jheathj jheathj.

aujewel
    Participant

I am impressed by many of them and love the fact that there is depth and youth at most of the positions. Love the staff playing so many when possible too.

You must to reply to this topic.

Login

Register | Lost your password?