Campus Construction Updates for Auburn Football Gameday
As preparations continue for the 2017 Auburn football season, a number of campus construction projects are ongoing or about to begin.
Fans should note construction affecting the following areas that have been popular football gameday gathering spots in the past.
- The Hayfields bordered by Woodfield, College and Research Drive (future site of Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center). As a measure to accommodate more RV parking, the Facilities Division and Community Gardens areas will now open on Thursdays at 2 p.m.
- The corner of Heisman and Donahue immediately adjacent to the Auburn football locker room and Gate 10 (Football Game Day Support Facility). Fans should expect congestion during Tiger Walk and Spirit March.
- The grass south of Leach Science Center (Leach Science Center addition).
- The grass north of Gavin Engineering Building (Gavin Engineering Building renovation).
- Grass areas around the Brown-Kopel Engineering Student Achievement Center construction.
- Grass areas around the Broun Hall renovation.
- West Thach Parking areas (construction laydown, campus public safety).
- Grass and paved areas around the Public Safety Building expansion.
- The grass west and south of Lowder Hall and a portion of the paved areas in the B lot (Graduate Business Building construction).
- Construction, which began prior to the 2016 football season, is ongoing along the Mell Street corridor.
Auburn Athletics has a number of enhancements to the 2017 Auburn Football gameday experience, which will be announced next week.
For more information on current and future campus construction projects, please visit http://www.auburn.edu/administration/facilities/webapps/projects/index.php.