Auburn Einstein SEC Game Picks – Week 2

by on in

Week 2 is about to kick off so it’s time we get our predictions in.

Blogle beat me last week going 11-3 while I went 10-4. In a way it’s all Butch Jones’s fault. Georgia Tech had that one in the bag and then Tennessee did something they don’t normally do — win. Let’s get into Week 2

EASTERN KENTUCKY @ KENTUCKY
Kentucky wins this one. I’m a believer of the Wildcats this year, at least until SEC Play.

Kentucky 38 Eastern Kentucky 10

UT MARTIN @ OLE MISS
Ole Miss wins this one and continues to win their cupcakes until the rails inevitably fall off mid-season.

Ole Miss 49 UT Martin 17

FRESNO STATE @ ALABAMA
The line is like 43.5 and Fresno State doesn’t have Cam Newton’s brother. Alabama walks away with this one. Nick Saban will undoubtedly flip out on one of his players when they make a mistake while they’re up 35 and the media will fall in love with this story again. blah blah blah.

Alabama 56 Fresno State 14

TCU @ ARKANSAS
This match up intrigues me. It was a decent game last year where Arkansas was leading, lost the lead late on the road, then came back to force over time by blocking a field goal. Arkansas ended up winning. I don’t think Arkansas has progressed in about 2 years (it’s still early this year, but they were unimpressive against FAMU), but I think they’re still gonna be TCU this year.

Arkansas 34 TCU 31

INDIANA STATE @ TENNESSEE
Tennessee screwed me last week. I doubt they will again this week, but it won’t surprise me because that’s what Tennessee does.

Tennessee 42 Indiana State 10

ALABAMA A&M @ VANDERBILT
Vandy is another team I’m high on to start this season. I think things come together for Derek Mason and they have a better than normal Vandy season.

Vanderbilt 35 Alabama A&M 0

SOUTH CAROLINA @ MISSOURI
South Carolina’s defense is better than Missouri States. This is a match up of 2 QBs that the media loves telling us are great, and for good reason, they’re better than what the SEC has produced over the last 5 seasons.

South Carolina 42 Missouri 21

NICHOLLS @ TEXAS A&M
Kevin Sumlin gets fired if he loses this game on the heels of losing to UCLA like he did, right?

Texas A&M 34 Nicholls 7

CHATTANOOGA @ LSU
I still don’t see why LSU gets the love. They stopped an offense that could barely produce against Portland State.

LSU 42 Chattanooga 7

GEORGIA @ NOTRE DAME
This game is getting hype because it’s Georgia traveling to Notre Dame. Georgia’s freshman QB is rattled by Touchdown Jesus

Notre Dame 35 Georgia 17

NORTHERN COLORADO @ FLORIDA
If they play this game, Florida will have more offense than they did against Michigan

Florida 35 Northern Colorado 6

MISSISSIPPI STATE @ LOUISIANA TECH
Mississippi State wins another one that they’re expected to. This team needs to be challenged before I buy in to the Fitzgerald hype.

Mississippi State 35 Louisiana Tech 24

AUBURN @ CLEMSON
I wrote about this in the first look at Clemson. I still feel the same.

Auburn 27 Clemson 24

There it is. Week 2 predictions in the book. I’ll overtake Blogle this week and wont look back.