Arkansas Postgame Quotes – Malzahn and Players

by on in

Head Coach Gus Malzahn|
Opening statement…
“A big win for us, number eight. On the road, in this league. Arkansas came out. They were ready to play. They kept the ball away from us a lot in the first half. We were able to run the football. It felt like a big play in the game was that fourth down stop by our defense.”

On Arkansas’ time of possession…
“They definitely controlled the ball. They kept it away from our offense. That was tough. We were a little impatient there, but we were able to run the football. Our mindset coming into this thing was we felt like we had to run the football. I think we only threw it nine times, and for the most part we were very successful running it.”

On Arkansas’ swinging gate play…
“It was pretty good. I mean, I almost called time out and I was kind of kicking myself that I didn’t call time out before. It was a well-executed play. They can run the football. I mean, they’ve got some good running backs, some good linemen.”

Linebacker Cassanova McKinzy
On winning at Arkansas…
“I feel like it meant a lot. Our defensive coordinator, he was saying he hasn’t been so lucky against Arkansas the last couple of years, so to our defense it meant a lot to give that to him.”

Linebacker Jake Holland
On the play of Arkansas…
“They played well tonight. They had a really good run plan, and they were able to run the ball on us.”

On Arkansas’ RB-Alex Collins and RB-Jonathan Williams…
“They’re really good tail backs, they’re really good running backs. They showed that tonight.”