Reply To: The Clock is Ticking

by on in

I agree that certain stats might paint a different story, but what it honestly comes down to is wins and losses. No coach at Auburn should ever fall below .500 and this is because Auburn has at least three cupcake games a year that Auburn should never lose. Even though Malzhan has managed to almost lose to two FCS schools in the past three years. The biggest thing that has led me to form my opinion on Malzhan is the lack of player development. That is a huge part of being a successful head coach and under Malzhan Auburn has not been able to develop players to their full potential. If you look at the successful schools of the past few years, such as Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, and Florida State, those schools have a track record of developing players and squeezing every ounce of potential out of the players. Luckily, Kevin Steele seems to be able to do this on the defensive side of the ball, but Malzhan has shown that he cannot do this consistently on the offensive side. The one thing that has stuck out to me since the Georgia game last year is the lack of emotion the team plays with. Against Georgia it seemed like the offense gave up about the 4th quarter and in the Iron Bowl it looked like our team was sleep walking and then to make things worse Alabama players came out and admitted that Auburn gave up. I think that speaks volumes about a Gus Malzhan led team and it will ultimately lead to his firing.