Reply To: Bruce Pearl's Magic

by on in

I think there is plenty to look forward to. Look at this recruiting classes (both at Auburn and before). The man attracts great talent and he knows what to do with it. The run we had during the SEC Championship wasn’t luck or a fluke. Coach Pearl will bring Auburn basketball back into its former light. You have a slight reason to believe that Auburn hasn’t ever been a basketball-centric school, like Duke or UNC, but we have had our share of great players and great years. We’ve put out plenty of players into the NBA, such as Barkley, the Person brothers, Marquis Daniels, and John Mengelt, to name a few. We are also starting to see a couple of our recent players creep into the  D-League, like Chris Denson, Adrian Forbes, and Asauhn Dixon-Tatum. I suspect Kenny Gabriel, KT Harrell, KC Ross-Miller, and Antoine Mason will follow up in D League drafts soon as well.

All of that to say, I don’t think that this year will be a “typical” Auburn basketball season. I think with Coach Pearl, we will see in a few short years that a “typical” Auburn basketball season is much different than your current definition.