Auburn emailed students today with quite a few updates about the goings-on with Spring sports. Most importantly, it's $1 hot dog night at Plainsman Park as the Tigers take on the Alabama State Hornets at 6pm tonight. What's better than a $1 hot dog? A $1 hot dog at Plainsman Park watching Auburn wear stirrups as God intended. That's what. But let's get to the task at hand.
Later in the email, Auburn asks students for a little help in naming the baseball student section. Here's the verbiage:
- NAME THE STUDENT SECTION
- Submit your favorite name for the Baseball Student Section. Entries will be accepted until March 30th at the promotions table at Plainsman Park or by email to email@example.com with "Baseball Student Section" in the subject line.
- The top five entries will be announced on April 1st and the students will be able to vote for their favorite. The official group name will be unveiled the weekend of April 12th during the Georgia series.
Now, I was under the impression that Auburn's baseball student section had a name. Like for over a decade. It was/is "Section 111." It has a Twitter account: @AUSection111. For whatever reason the naming rights are being put up to vote. That's okay. Let's just rename it "Section 111" again.
So contact your local county commissioner, I mean email that email address up there and let them know that you want the student section to be named "Section 111." Hopefully, it will make the top 5, and then you can vote it in. If you're into the Twitter, here's the hashtag: #KeepSection111. Join the movement.
WiFi is the Blogler's best friend on gameday, and this being the first game I haven't attended in person in over a month, it was good to have an easy time tweeting for the whole day. It was fun being hopeful for the first part of the day, but once I realized things were going to be as we all realistically assumed, I just had fun being stupid. Me being stupid? Never.
- GAMEDAY BABBBBBBAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!
#auburn #wareagle #ironbowl
- Kodi Burns (
@AUKB18), Tommy Trott ( @T_Trott5), & Andrew McCain ( @dragon_mccain) talk about their favorite Iron Bowls: http://bit.ly/XLgKwv .
- Whatever you do today, just remember to be Never Never All In. http://bit.ly/pMJKSH
- If the trend holds true, Auburn will be starting a streak of 6 straight wins today. http://twitpic.com/bg2gs5
#auburn #ironbowl #alabama
- Shoutout to the Auburn fans at
@CollegeGameDay in LA today. Sign read "Hug an Auburn Fan." #wareagle
- Desmond Howard in a very roundabout somewhat way says Auburn has a small shot today.
- Auburn sign at
I'll be honest. I love smaller games with smaller crowds when it comes to needing to get a tweet through. I had virtually no problems all day, especially as I walked around campus in solitude a few hours before the game. However, tweeting and checking Twitter a lot kills your battery, which means I had to conserve energy during the game. I just can't win... but Auburn finally did.
- GAMEDAY BABBBBBBAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!
- Today's the last home game for many seniors that helped give you a nat'l championship. If you can go, I hope you do. http://bit.ly/T0TJyH
- I'm only around the Arena, but I have truthfully seen more Alabama A&M fans than Auburn fans at this point.
- I have seen more students taking a travel bag to their car than fans walking to the stadium.
- You know it's bad when this is the line at Chick-Fil-A in the student center 3 hours before kickoff.
- Even the bagmen aren't showing up today.
- The crowd before Tiger Walk is actually somewhat halfway decent.
Things didn't go too good last week. It was the worst of the season, unless you count a loss that I did not predict. This week should help out a lot. You'll see why as you go through them, and dang are there a bunch to go through.
Last Week: 4-4
This Week: 8-4
Overall: 96-30 (76.2%)
Western Carolina at Alabama - It only took eleven weeks for Alabama to get their first pre-noon kickoff. Eleven. Auburn had two by week three. See what happens when you start losing, Alabama? Watch out for that early kick jinx. It'll getcha!
Alabama 45, Western Carolina 3
Alabama 49, Western Carolina 0 - SUCCESS!
Arkansas at Mississippi State - After opening the season winning seven straight, the Fightin' Dan Mullens have lost three straight. They finally have a chance to get back on the winning track as they take on the still hapless Hawgs. I really, really, really want Arkansas to win to continue the slide for the Maroon-Dawgs, but I don't think they will. I hope I'm wrong.
Mississippi State 30, Arkansas 17
Mississippi State 45, Arkansas 14 - SUCCESS!
It's the same ol' story about having no service once the crowd showed up to campus. I at least got a few pictures of the extremely, massively awesome tailgate, including a good picture and video of Tammy from Finebaum. After around 2pm, I never got anything through. That was until the max exodus in the 2nd half that opened up a few AT&T tower connections.
- GAMEDAY BABBBBBAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!
- Just saw four guys putting up an Auburn flag like the Iwo Jima statue, then applauded themselves for doing so just after.
- Campus is very quiet this morning… a little too quiet.
- Not setting this chair up at the tailgate today.
#auburn #ugahateday http://twitpic.com/bc1od4
#redpants are coming! The #redpants are coming! #auburn #ugahatedayhttp://twitpic.com/bc20fn
- We're up and running. All the Blogles are here. Come on. (@ 2012 WarBlogle Tailgate) http://4sq.com/ROTN5c
- You just missed
@BabyBlogle going full on Gangnam Style at the @WarBlogle tailgate.
- Tammy from
@finebaum is here. #fatherhood WE @BobertBrannan: @warblogle and @BabyBlogle2 chilling at the #WarBlogleTailgate pic.twitter.com/5FKslrUI
- Good thing Auburn gets Georgia in Jordan-Hare Stadium next year because obviously this one didn't count.
Last week I picked Texas A&M to beat Mississippi State 38-17. They beat them 38-13. I picked Alabama to lose to LSU 17-14. They won 21-17 after the miracle drive. I picked Auburn to win 45-7. Cody Parkey missed a field goal and the final score was 42-7. I've said it all year long. Get on this train, folks. I ain't slowing down.
Last Week: 7-2
This Week: 4-4
Overall: 88-26 (77.2%)
Arkansas at South Carolina - The Gamecocks will not have the services of Lattimore. The Razorbacks will not have the services of a coach who's brain exists and functions within the laws of this dimension. This will be a boring game between a team without their star and without a chance to make it to Atlanta, and a team that has had about as bad a season as Auburn.
South Carolina 34, Arkansas 13
South Carolina 38, Arkansas 20 - SUCCESS!
UL-Lafayette at Florida - Isn't it funny how Florida always seems to end their season against two creampuffs and then a creampuff with a big name in Florida State? Their last six games of the season all take place in the state of Florida. That's not that big of state, but if you go by the number of Electoral College votes, it's HUGE.
There's one good thing about playing a lesser opponent such as Mew Mexico State earlier in the day. The crowd is smaller and the service is better. I guess we could attribute it to a 1-7 record before the game as well. As the season has mostly gone, the morning and early afternoon consisted of Auburn talk, while the night consisted of battling the Bams. It's so easy and so fun.
- GAMEDAY BABBBBAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
- It will probably be warmer and miserably sunny during the game, but it’s perfect right now.
- Judging by the crowds walking to the stadium, the attendance today will be somewhere between 100-200.
- As I get closer to the stadium, I’ll bump my projected attendance up to 800-900.
- It was kind of
@BabyBlogle to take a moment to have his picture taken with @SupurMario27. #auburn http://instagr.am/p/RkmPvRGPPT
- I'm at Student Center (Auburn, AL) http://4sq.com/YkbRbi
@FootballAU: Trovon Reed is wearing jersey #37 today in memory of Ladarious Phillips
- I'm at Jordan-Hare Stadium for New Mexico State Aggies vs Auburn Tigers w/
@clintau24 @tiffanys07 @joshdub23 http://4sq.com/PtQ0fm
- Jordan-Hare Stadium twenty or so minutes to kickoff.
It was amazing to have true 4G service and a real signal throughout an entire gameday. I guess it could be because Nashville is, like, a big city and all, but I think it could have been that there were about 2/3 less people around the stadium than at a normal Auburn game. The game sucked, but Nashville is fun. You'll see. Follow me.
- GAMEDAY BABBBBBAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!
- Gameday breakfast of champions... or a team looking for their 2nd win. http://instagr.am/p/RAVWMwGPNa/
@AUMB is here and setting up for Tiger Walk. #auburn http://twitpic.com/b5u5mi
- Tiger Walk in 15 minutes. Here’s what the players will see.
#auburn #wareagle http://twitpic.com/b5udmk
- This Auburn fan thinks the Tigers are gonna do alright, alright, alright today.
- A very workmanlike Tiger Walk. Not much jumping around. All business. Then again it is 9:20 am.
- Had a few high fives that turned into awkwardly long handholds with
@CraigSanders13 and Chizik at Tiger Walk. But that’s alright. #auburn
- The official
@WarBlogle tailgate is open and ready for business. DOING IT BIGGGGG!! #ruffles #auburn http://twitpic.com/b5utph