Interesting Tidbits on Rod and Paula Bramblett and Other Less Important Things
Happy Tuesday. The Auburn and sports worlds were rocked this weekend with the devastating news that Rod and Paula Bramblett had both been killed in a car accident. Rod was one of the most genuine Auburn fans out there and it showed in his announcing. Life is often too short – go hug your loved ones.
– The news on everyone’s hearts and minds is the tragic passing of Rod and Paula Bramblett. There really isn’t anything I can say that hasn’t already been expressed, so I’ll try to consolidate some of those tributes.
– If you’re so inclined, here’s the GofundMe for the remaining Bramblett family. The Auburn family has already rallied and exceeded expectations, including several appropriately-priced donations and a large donation from a wealthy Auburn grad.
– Funeral arrangements have also been announced and are open to the public.
– Before we dive into tributes, let’s take some time to relive Rod’s favorite calls. What is your favorite?
– The tributes are emotional and from everywhere. Here are a couple from rivals Alabama and Georgia. Charles Barkley offered prayers on TNT and Kirk Herbstreit took to Twitter to offer these condolences.
– Butch Thompson had an emotional reaction to both Auburn making the postseason and Rod’s passing.
– Now for the less important news. Baseball is heading to the post season. See why the team thinks they can gain some home field advantage, even though they’re not hosting.
– Learn more about Auburn’s first commit from the class of 2021.
– Even still, Auburn made the cut for the final day of stroke play, but couldn’t put together a good enough round to advance to match play.
– Finally, #EverythingSchool.
Let me know if I missed anything in the comments below.