Interesting Tidbits on North Carolina, Kentucky, and the GOAT Equestrian Team
WE’VE GOT JARED! What a weekend. Auburn took down three blue bloods (and the three winningest programs in CBB history) back-to-back-to-back to make its first Final Four. I don’t have any words that can capture the joy and appreciation I have for this team and run. Catch up on or relive a jam-packed Auburn weekend here. You don’t want to actually work today, do you?
– The team had a difficult time celebrating the UNC win after watching Chuma Okeke go down with an ACL injury. Bruce was visibly upset. With the help of his teammates, Chuma still got to help Auburn advance.
– Post-game from the other side: here’s what Roy Williams said after the defeat.
– The Kentucky game was much closer than the last two. Auburn’s elite backcourt stood out in the victory, especially in overtime. Somehow, Bryce Brown always finds a way to get it going in the second half.
– This is a great breakdown of the game.
– The injured Okeke initially planned to stay at the team hotel. That changed when Auburn got down. Watch
– See what coach Cal said after missing the Final Four again.
– For whatever reason, the run is also bringing Bruce haters out of the woodwork. Here are opinion pieces from Washington Post and USA Today. You’d think Bruce hired prostitutes for recruits or made fake classes for players or something.
– Also, a reminder that Tony Barbee is the absolute worst.
– Auburn Basketball now has a place in the Twitter bio of Apple’s CEO.
– Not only has Auburn beaten the three winningest CBB programs, they’ve beaten them so bad the walk-ons are playing.
– Do you think Bryce Brown has a place in the NBA?
– Which position group is outperforming expectations so far?
– Finally, Equestrian is still undefeated and are now SEC champs. Is this the greatest Equestrian team ever? Here are highlights of their first contest against South Carolina (did I mention it was a bad weekend for the Carolinas?) and their SEC Title win over Texas A&M.
Let me know if I missed anything in the comments below.