Meet the Two #18’s from the 2010 Championship Season
Your two favorite #18’s, Wes Byrum and Kodi Burns, will be at Auburn this weekend as part of the “Sports Illustrated Heisman Tour Presented by Nissan.” Details are below. Based on a few tweets, it appears that there will be a lot of former Tigers in Auburn this weekend for the game. A lot.
WHO: Meet AU football standouts on game day!
- Auburn’s all-time leading scorer, Wes Byrum, who kicked the game-winning field goal in the BCS Championship Game to clinch the 2010 national title, will appear from 1:30-3:00 p.m., participating in both an “SI Chalk Talk” session with Dan Patrick Show executive producer Paul Pabst from 1:30-2:00 p.m. and an autograph session from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- 2010 team captain Kodi Burns, who hauled in a 35-yard pass from Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton to score the opening touchdown of the BCS Championship Game, will participate in an “SI Chalk Talk” session with Pabst from 3:30-4:00 p.m., followed by an autograph session from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
WHAT: Sports Illustrated and Nissan have teamed up to celebrate the Heisman Memorial Trophy and the greatest games in the history of college football with a 10-stop national tour at marquee matchups this season. Admission to the tour is free, and fans are encouraged to pick up a Sports Illustrated special-edition magazine that showcases “College Football’s Unforgettable Games” … compliments of Nissan.
- Get your picture on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the Heisman Trophy
- Take a closer look at the 2012 Nissan Maxima premium performance sedan, the original “4-door sports car,” and the 2012 Nissan Frontier vehicle, where single-minded ruggedness is married to advanced technology.
- View SI covers and images on 52” touch screen monitors
- Participate in autograph sessions and photo ops with former football greats
- Win prizes by participating in fun, interactive games including a virtual combine and QB challenge with gesture recognition technology
- Register for the BCS Championship Ultimate Experience Sweepstakes
- Get an RFID bracelet, allowing you to check in and instantly share your experience on Facebook
- Keep tabs on the weekend’s action by viewing games and highlights on plasma TVs and a custom 16’ x 9’ LED screen
WHEN: SATURDAY, October 15, 2011 – noon until kickoff
WHERE: Located in front of the Nichols Center, at the intersection of War Eagle Way and Donahue Drive. Look for the big Nissan/Sports Illustrated helium blimp flying overhead!