WarBlogle.com Poll (after Week 13)
Bye Boise. Bye Bama. See you next year.
1. Auburn (1) – Is there a number higher than #1 in a poll? Like #1+ or something? ‘Cause if there was, that’s what Auburn would be this week.
2. Oregon (2) – The Ducks turned it on the 2nd half like they always do. They are still good, but not near as scary as they looked earlier in the season.
3. Wisconsin (4) – The Badgers have scored 234308982 points in the last 2-3 games. Remember the competition (Indiana, Northwestern, etc.), but still. They are on fire right now.
4. Stanford (6) – After looking at their whole body of work, Stanford has one good win: Arizona. They lost by 20+ to Oregon earlier in the season. I’m not sure they are that great, but they only have one loss and do play in a “major” conference.
5. TCU (5) – The Horned Frogs only led 1-win New Mexico 31-17 at the half. That will get you jumped every time.
6. Arkansas (11) – I think I’ve said this before, but I’m kinda glad Auburn already played the Razorbacks this season.
7. Ohio State(8) – So you blew out Michigan. Who hasn’t?
8. Oklahoma (–) – The Sooners looked really good against a really good Oklahoma State team. Welcome back.
9. Michigan State (–) – The Spartans barely squeaked by against some inferior opponents and had that one blowout loss, but still ended up with just one blemish on the season.
10. LSU (7) – Somehow I still have LSU in the top 10. Anybody have any idea why?
11. Nebraska (12) – Nebraska is in the Big 12 Championship game. That has to count for something.
12. Oklahoma State (10) – I don’t know why, but I like Oklahoma State this year. They suffered two close losses, but pretty much blew out everybody else (except Troy).