Interesting Tidbits after UT-Chattanooga
Let’s do this…
- Auburn is #2 in every major poll this week: BCS, Coaches‘, Harris, Legends, CFN, AP. Yes, I will let the AP back in this week after they seemed to use some common sense. Also notice that Auburn is now only 0.0027 points behind Oregon in the BCS, thanks to TCU jumping the Ducks in the computer ranking.
- In ESPN’s Power Rankings, Auburn got one first-place vote. That voter was none other than Mark Schlabach.
- The Tigers are still atop Chris Low’s SEC Power Rankings, and Coach Dye finally moves Auburn ahead of Alabama.
- Speaking of Pat, here’s his log.
- Bowl projections: Low, CFN, and Phil Steele say Auburn will play in the BCS National Championship. ESPN is split.
- As expected, no Auburn players were named a SEC Player of the Week (even though Cam had 5 touchdowns and a season high 317 passing yards in one half). However, the usual suspects were named semifinalists for some pretty heavy awards.
- More from Low: Cam gets another helmet sticker, and Auburn is carrying the banner.
- Can’t you tell by this headline that they are just tired of trying to come up with other people to talk about?
- Last Friday, a guy named Thayer Evans (Thayer?!) wrote crap like this. Yesterday, he proved that it wasn’t a fluke and that he actually is mentally retarded. Read those away from fragile items.
- Pete Fiutak seemed just as dumb as Evans a few days ago, but he has since changed his tune.
- Fortunately, a few journalists have shown some sense, and defended Cam’s case for the Heisman: SI’s Cory McCartney, NBC’s John Tamahana.
- Jay Jacobs says nothing is closed, but Cam will continue to play. I would like to think he means it’s not closed until they have proven that Urban Meyer is behind all of this, but I can only hope.
- None of this really matters, when you watch this.
- You should not be wearing red this week, so give it away.
- Auburn basketball plays Columbus State tonight in their last exhibition game. Tony Barbee wants you there, old people.