Interesting Tidbits after South Carolina
These are gonna be quick. I’m busy today and still have to write you a South Carolina review.
- Auburn moved up a good bit in both of the major polls after their win over the Gamecocks. The Tigers are #10 in the AP poll, and #11 in the Coaches’ poll.
- They moved up to #13 in the Legends’ poll as well.
- I’m convinced that the guy who did the rankings for CollegeFootballNews.com in past seasons was a) an Auburn fan and b) does not work there anymore. Anytime the world was down on the Tigers, you could always go to CFN and see a probably too-high, but still fun to look at, ranking for Auburn. As of Week 4, the Tigers are just now at #15. Something has changed.
- Here are ESPN’s Power Rankings. Still don’t know what that means.
- Chris Low is high on the Tigers. He put them at #9 on his Power Rankings ballot, and #2 in his SEC Power Rankings.
- He also thinks Cam Newton is hot. So does my wife, and your wife, and probably your wife, too, sir.
- Low gives Cam a helmet sticker as well.
- While we’re talking about Mr. Newton, the accolades keep rolling in. Not only was named the SEC Offensive Player of the Week for the 2nd time this season, he was also named the Davey O’Brien Quarterback of the Week and the Rivals.com National Player of the Week.
- He’s also getting some Heisman attention.
- Scarbinksy takes a look at what could be come a major debate: Ingram or Newton for Heisman?
- Mark Schlabach has Newton listed as one of his “Precision Passers“.
- Don’t forget about Mike Blanc, though. He was named the SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week as well.
- Pat Dye says Auburn’s offense is showing some major potential.
- Scout.com looks at last weekend’s top 10 games.
- CFN takes a look back at Week 4.
- The Scout.com SEC Bloggers do the same.
- For the fifth time in their first six games, Auburn will play a night game. The Tigers will beat Kentucky by 40 next weekend at 6:30 CT, on either ESPN or ESPN2.