Interesting Tidbits before Georgia (Midweek Edition)
Buncha good ‘bits today…
- Ben Tate is so good that he’s persuading recruits to come to Auburn just to try to fill his shoes.
- This guy seconds the idea that Tate’s success helps recruiting.
- In fact, he helped pick up commitments like this, although I don’t like Luginbill’s comparison.
- Mario Fannin, who has a pretty cool website, will play anywhere…except safety for the Georgia Bulldogs.
- Fannin is also on Twitter for those that tweet. Craig Stevens, Byron Isom, and Antoine Carter are on there as well.
- All SEC coaches’ salaries (except Bobby Johnson’s) have been released, and Chizik is in the bottom half. I’d still take it.
- Wes Byrum made the semi-final cut for the Lou Groza award that goes to the nation’s best placekicker. This should not be confused with another player from another team making the cut on a watch list just because said player is very recognizable based on his fat.
- The Auburn-Georgia rivalry is still huge for both teams, even though the SEC Championship game has been decided and we shouldn’t even care about anything else.
- Chris Low says Auburn is going up and Georgia is going down, although he sounds like a whiny Georgia fan to me.
- He also thinks Darvin Adams is hot.
- Despite their struggles, Georgia still has something to play for, and it’s not the chance at wearing silver shoes in Shreveport. Note: You’ll hear more from this guy tomorrow.
- In basketball news, Auburn has signed Shawn Kemp……Jr. No jokes about him being the oldest of fifteen please.
- And with the most fitting news of the day, Tuscaloosa tops the list of laziest cities in the country? No…really?