Interesting Tidbits after Ole Miss
‘Bits for your Monday procrastination…
- Onterrio McCalebb was held out to rest his sore ankle, and he may (and should) be held out against Furman.
- I’m sure you know, but Zac Etheridge is out for the season with a neck injury. Gene Chizik commended Rebel running back Rodney Scott for lying still when he knew something was wrong with Zac.
- The Tigers will have to shuffle some players around to make up for the loss.
- Two guys on ESPN.com pick Auburn to play Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl. I guess that’s a decent bowl but…zzzzzzzz.
- Auburn has jumped back into the CollegeFootballNews.com rankings, and is hovering around 28th/29th in all other polls.
- Chris Low bumped Auburn up a few spots this week, but the Tigers are below Tennessee and South Carolina. Yes, they are above Arkansas and Kentucky, but that wasn’t Auburn that lost to those teams.
- Walter McFadden and Antonio Coleman were named SEC Players of the Week for their performances against Ole Miss. Booyah!
- Low also gives Coleman a helmet sticker.
- Marcus Lattimore, 5-star RB recruit, gave his visit to Auburn a “10”. You do realize that Auburn has one of the top three RB’s in the nation locked down with the other two extremely interested as well don’t you?
- The Auburn-Georgia game has been slated for a 6pm kickoff and will be televised by either ESPN or ESPN2.